The Assistant Controller will assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Controller. The Assistant Controller should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including partnership and corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, tax budgeting, and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
This job description may not encompass the entire scope of this role, as other duties may be assigned by management.
This position is located in ALAMOGORDO, NEW MEXICO.
· Managing all aspects of the general ledger.
· Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end analyses.
· Assist with billing and tax documentation preparation.
· Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
· Assist in the month-end/year end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
· Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and human resources, identifying discrepancies, and reconciling accounts.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs.
· Demonstrated success in leadership, with excellent interpersonal, leadership and team-building skills.
· Strong business acumen and judgment, innate problem-solving skills, and an intense willingness to learn new business processes and technologies.
· Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks including delegation of tasks when appropriate.
· Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and relevant financial accounting regulations preferred.
Education & Experience
· BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant with a minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting or finance required.
· Masters in accounting, Finance or relevant field is preferred.
· CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.