What’s included in New Mexico’s sales-tax holiday?Sales tax will be waived on the following personal property items:
- -Clothing and shoes: Priced at $100 or less per unit.
- -School and classroom supplies: Priced at less than $30 per unit.
- -Computers: Up to $1,000. Includes desktop, laptops and notebook computers.
- -Computer hardware: Up to $500. Includes monitors, speakers, printers, keyboards and more.
Products not exempt from sales tax during New Mexico’s Tax-Free WeekendNote that there are some exceptions. For example, the following items WILL be taxed:
- -Antique clothing
- -Athletic or sports uniforms
- -Digital cameras
- -And more. See full list of exceptions.
Tips for shopping New Mexico’s Tax-Free WeekendFollow these guidelines for getting the most out of tax-free weekend in New Mexico:
- If you put an item on layaway, it’s eligible for waived taxes only if final payment and delivery take place during tax-free weekend.
- Online, mail-order and telephone-order purchases are eligible for tax-free weekend if the item is both ordered paid for during tax-free weekend and if it’s billed to a New Mexico address.
- Gather your coupons and discounts. Retailer and manufacturer coupons and discounts stack with waived taxes to create an even bigger discount.
- Some retailers may waive sales taxes store wide, even on items New Mexico law says aren’t included in tax-free weekend.