REPORTS TO: Direct Services Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
SUMMARY: Employed on a part-time basis (with no guarantee of hours) to provide direct care services to individual(s) according to local, state and federal standards.
- Provide direct care services to individuals of all ages and levels of need.
- Maintain the health and safety of one or more individuals at one time, while providing services either in group or individual settings.
- Advocate for and support all individuals served and their families in accordance with service standards and regulations.
- Assist the individual’s efforts to engage in meaningful and positive interactions with others.
- Provide individuals the opportunity for progress toward outcomes in accordance with their ISP (Individual Service Plan) or care plan.
- Demonstrate participation and initiative in all of the program’s daily activities/services.
- Communicate progress of services or barriers to the provision of services with Service Coordinator(s) or management.
- Complete required forms, reports and documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with service standards and regulations.
- Attend individual’s service planning meetings as needed.
- Provide or assist individuals being served with transportation needs.
- Participate in professional meetings as required.
- Complete and maintain training requirements per service standards and regulations.
- Display ethical behavior at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of individuals, families, and coworkers.
- Display a professional and positive attitude towards individuals and their caregivers.
- Display a professional and positive attitude towards coworkers and supervisors.
- Remain compliant with applicable service standards and regulations governing services provided.
- Remain compliant with Zia Therapy Center, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Observe all appropriate safety guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
DD Waiver Program only
- Support strategies implemented in individual’s specific therapy plan(s) and/or behavioral support plan.
- Work with and provide assistance to other staff while working within group setting.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: None
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: High school diploma/GED required.
WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Working effectively individually or in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good organization and documentation skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet or exceed the following physical requirements, with or without accommodations. These are estimates only and can change from day-to-day depending on tasks assigned.
- Walk- 25%
- Stand- 30%
- Sit- 15%
- Bend/Stoop- 10%
- Lift/Carry- 5%
- Push/Pull- 15%
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees driving Zia clients are required to comply with Zia’s automobile insurance carrier’s requirements.