Who we are:
NM Rehab, Inc. is a professional management company that provides accounting, billing, payroll and human resources services to companies that are wholly or partially owned by the senior management team’s Family Office. Our company mix comprises physical therapy clinics across southern New Mexico, land surveying, real estate holdings and corresponding property management, heavy equipment and event rental, and a farm/event center. NM Rehab provides services solely for the companies held by our Family Office owned team which allows us to be agile while constantly growing. We are seeking a spirited individual to bring their talents and insights to our team.
Who you are:
You are an accomplished mid-level accountant who takes pride in providing timely and accurate financial information that can be used to make proactive decisions and evaluate strategic options. You understand the numbers tell a story and you enjoy putting that story together. You are looking for a place where you can grow your skills and increase your knowledge by working with different business models, delving into diverse industries and taking on new initiatives. You are a self-starter, naturally curious, and take pride in taking projects to completion. You can work individually but also enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge with other team members.
- Responsible for the month end close including account reconciliations, account analysis and generating financial statements for each entity.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded.
- Liaise with tax firm to provide data required to prepare annual returns.
- Assist in developing financial forecasts, analyzing and reporting on variances.
- Monitors, reviews and verifies accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Ensures compliance and advises on internal policies, agency rules and regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reviews and analyzes reports for accuracy and understands data prior to distribution.
- Clarifies or researches issues as necessary.
- Provides input for the development of accounting applications, reports, and procedures.
- Produces financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting methods.
- Assists with revenues and expenses forecasts and provides to management team.
- Identifies problems and interacts with internal and/or external contacts as required to correct deficiencies.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits
- Interfaces with external tax team and provides data required to prepare annual tax returns.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Complies with professional, ethical, and legal standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Experience: Two Years
- Preferred Experience: 5 - 7 Years
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with financial accounting systems. Experience with Sage is a plus but not required.
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to supplement data.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions. Writes clearly and concisely; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively.
- Computer Skills – Skilled with computers, takes advantage of new technology, learns tools quickly, and uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Dependability – Meets deadlines; Works independently; Accountable; Maintains focus; Punctual; Good attendance record.
- Initiative – Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Productivity – Manages workload and works efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments;
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Teamwork – Promotes cooperation and commitment within team to achieve goals. Encourages team unity through sharing information or expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- $55,000 - $65,000 Annually
- Healthy, Vision, Dental, Life, LTD benefits
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!