Contract Monitor / Grant Writer
Employment Status: Full-Time – Contract – At-will
FLSA Status: Exempt
Experience Required: Two (2) years of experience in grant writing and/or contract monitoring.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Direct Supervisor: County Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct (0); Indirect (0)
Primary Work Location: Works in an office environment
Certification: This position requires a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
Job Summary: Under administrative direction by the County Manager the Contract Monitor/Grant Writer will apply for and administer local, state and federal grants for the County; ensure the County complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations as related to the grant process; monitor all of the County’s administrative contracts to ensure compliance.
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
- Oversee all County administrative contracts to ensure compliance.
- Conduct research for available federal, state, local, corporate and private foundation grants.
- Disseminates grant information to appropriate departments regarding availability of funds.
- Performs research, develops and composes grant proposals to obtain available government and private funding from various programs and projects.
- Coordinates and secures cooperative grant efforts from other agencies and community organizations.
- Establish and maintain a resource library on available grants and completed grant applications.
- Monitor grant fiscal records for compliance with grant contracts.
- Maintain tracking of grant status for auditing/budgeting and information for statistical reports.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) for Position
An employee in this class must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities upon application:
- Federal, State, Local, Corporate and Foundation grant procedures;
- The requirements, policies and procedures of various departments and various regulations governing grants administration;
- Research technique, sources and availability of information;
- Modern information systems, spreadsheets, database management and software;
- Thorough understanding of the County’s functions, policies, and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communications and relational skills.
- Follow and relay complex oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including computer terminal, related software programs, printer, calculator, fax, and copier.
- Use proper research methods in gathering data;
- Maintain a variety of complex records and prepare comprehensive technical reports;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other employees, County officials, federal, state and local agency representatives and the general public.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
The following physical abilities are required:
- The following physical abilities are required:
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Operating assigned equipment.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making observations and communicating with others.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee is expected to follow all safety procedures as required.
**This position description is a general guideline for work behavior and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Therefore, it is also not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment. The contents of this position description may be changed without notice, and employment may be terminated by either party, at will. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
How to Apply:
Application - Complete the application and return to the Otero County Administration Office at 1101 New York Ave Alamogordo, NM 88310.