OTERO COUNTY ADMINISTRATION, Alamogordo, New Mexico is recruiting for a Receptionist / Secretary.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience Required: One (1) year of general clerical experience.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Job Summary: To act as a receptionist; to assist and inform the public in person or on the telephone, on departmental and County policies and procedures as well as secretarial work in support of the Administration Department to include; typing, filing, sorting, copying, clerical accounting services, and proof read a variety of documents and correspondence.
- General business and telephone etiquette.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment/software.
- Microsoft Office Programs
- Basic principles and procedures of filing and daily file maintenance.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Preparing documents for filming and/or scanning.
- Strong written and oral communications and relational skills.
- Follow and relay complex oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including computer terminal, related software programs, printer, calculator, fax, and copier.
Applications may be picked up, and must be returned to the Otero County Administration Office, 1101 New York Avenue, Alamogordo, NM. An application and job description can be downloaded from our website, http://co.otero.nm.us.
Salary: $13.60-$17.60 per hour DOE plus benefits package.
Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.