CHINS/ Child Development Center
Childcare Center Director
Do you have a heart for children with a desire to nurture and guide them? Come be a part of a dynamic team making a positive difference in a beautiful community! Children in Need of Services, Inc. is seeking to hire a Childcare Center Director for one of their high-quality childcare centers.
CHINS is a non-profit organization that has provided support services to children in need and their families in Otero and Lincoln County, New Mexico for over 38 years. We provide critical services such as counseling, Pre-K, and high quality, affordable childcare. Located between the natural wonder of White Sands National Park and the majesty of the Lincoln National Forest. Alamogordo, New Mexico offers the perfect small-town canvas for work and play.
- Bachelors degree or higher in early Childhood Education or related field with one year experience working in an early childhood growth and development setting.
- Associates of arts or applied science degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with two years experience working in an early childhood growth and development setting.
- Current Development Associates (CDA), a Montessori teacher certification, or a National Administrator's Credential (NAC) and two years' experience working in an early childhood growth and development setting.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have reliable transportation
- Experience in supervision, program management and administration of children's programs.
- Ability to lead and monitor supervisors and other personnel.
- Strong writing skills to include correspondence, reports, and other documents needed for program expansion and improvements
- Ability to garner community support and network with resources within the community.
- Ability to speak publicly on behalf of the program.
- Responsible for overall management of the C.H.I.N.S Child Development Centers, to include: Program planning and implementation, hiring, support/development and termination of staff.
- Ensure compliance with all programmatic, licensing, accreditation, and CHINS corporate requirements (personnel manual).
- Supervises personnel's compliance with maintenance of buildings, grounds, and ensures that supplies and equipment are kept in good working condition.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, prepares grant proposals relating to C.H.I.N.S. Child Development Centers.
- In cooperation with Executive Director, prepares and monitors the program budget for Child Development Centers.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, and the Bookkeeper, prepares and submits payment vouchers, food reimbursements claims, and other financial forms as needed.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Ability to routinely lift children, move furniture in an early childhood classroom and sustain long hours of active work.
Pay: $18.00-$23.00 an hour
Job Type: Full- Time
Benefits: CHINS offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage as well as a retirement and generous leave package.
Sign on Bonus: $1,000