Do you have a heart for children with a desire to nurture and guide them? Come be a part of a dynamic team making a positive difference in a beautiful community! Children in Need of Services, Inc. is seeking to hire Childcare Assistant Directors/Coordinators for their three child development centers: Children's House, Full House, and Full House Too.
CHINS is a non-profit organization that has provided support services to children in need and their families in Otero and Lincoln County, New Mexico for over 38 years. We provide critical services such as counseling, Pre-K, preschool, and high-quality, affordable childcare. Located between the natural wonder of White Sands National Park and the majesty of the Lincoln National Forrest, Alamogordo, New Mexico offers the perfect small-town canvas for work and play.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Development or related credentialing is preferred but not required.
- The candidate should be pursuing a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have reliable transportation.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a licensed childcare facility, preschool, or other childcare development setting.
- Minimum of 6 months in a supervisory role.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry children and other items weighing 20+ lbs without any physical limitations.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or able to complete certification within a specific time.
- Must be able to pass a CYFD background check and fingerprint clearance.
- Assist the director in running the daily operations of the center to include coordinator and supervision of said operations.
- Become trained in all areas to serve as a director in their absence.
- Assist with the compliance of all licensing, training, and safety requirements.
- Understand and comply with CHINS corporate requirements as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Interact with children and parents on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationships with each child's family and encourage their involvement in the program.
- Able to deal with unexpected situations that pertain to students, parents, and staff.
- Be familiar with the procedures of reporting suspected child abuse to CYFD
- Handle, in a positive way, the demands that serving many children and parents brings every day.
- Continue professional development through attending workshops, conferences, higher education, and other staff development opportunities.
- Maintain records of the building's administration in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Prepare summary reports for the center as well as process inspection and accident reports.
- Handle parents/teacher conferences and conduct center tours with parents.
- Assist director in the hiring and firing of staff as necessary.
- Monitor and observe staff performances, organize staff shifts, coordinate meetings, and teach training sessions as necessary.
Pay: Starts at $11.50 - $14.00, depending on education and experience
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday with paid holidays
Benefits: CHINS offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage as well as retirement and generous leave packages. Upward growth and eligibility towards having your associate's and bachelor's degrees paid for as well as 50% of your master's degree.