Do you have heart for children with a desire to nurture and guide them? Come be a part of a dynamic team making a positive difference in a beautiful community! Children in Need of Services, Inc. is seeking to hire a day care provider for their three child development centers: Children's House, Full House, and Full House Too.
CHINS is a non-profit organization that has provided support services to children in need and their families in Otero and Lincoln County, New Mexico for over 38 years. We provide critical services such as counseling, Pre-K, preschool, and high quality, affordable childcare. Located between the natural wonder of White Sands National Park and the majesty of the Lincoln National Forrest, Alamogordo, New Mexico offers the perfect small-town canvas for work and play.
- Experience working in childcare setting preferred but not required.
- Experience working with persons from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the program and children under your care.
- Must be able to obtain CPR and First-Aid Certification and pass a CYFD background check (CHINS will provide these trainings and cover the cost of the background check).
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
You will be provided training and guidance in each of the following areas so previous experience is not required:
- Assist in maintaining a positive environment for children that will enhance learning and development; physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Assist in the screening and preparation of children to fully participate in program services.
- Implement the curriculum that is assigned by the director.
- Interact with the children in a way which conveys respect and nurturing
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving appropriate to the development levels of the children.
- Maintain attendance records of the children enrolled.
- Attend to the personal hygiene of each child in your care, including changing diapers or soiled clothing and washing hands,
- Maintain a safe environment based on safety standards set by the program.
- Help other staff in preparing meals as required,
- Assist in the cleaning of the childcare rooms and outside areas at the end of the day.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous basis.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of interactive parent and child literacy activities,
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationships with each child's family and encourage their involvement in the program.
- Continue professional development through attending workshops, conferences, and other staff development opportunities.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Preform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the director.
- Must be able to routinely lift 20+ pounds - to include children under your care and sustain long hours of active work. It is the childcare provider's responsibility to play with the children enrolled at the center; this will often mean getting down on the floor to interact with them.
Job Type: Full-Time/ Part-Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday with paid holidays
Benefits: CHINS offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, as well as retirement and generous leave packages. Upward growth and eligibility towards having your associate's and bachelor's degrees paid for as well as 50% of your master's degree.