Zia Therapy Center, Incorporated
Apply at this Link Only or come in person for application
POSITION TITLE: Part-Time Food Service Assistant
REPORTS TO: Food Service Coordinator
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
SUMMARY: Employed on a part-time basis (with no guarantee of hours) to perform all duties related to food services for the children and/or program participants receiving meals.
l. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of food preparation area in accordance with all State and Federal laws.
2. Wash dishes etc.
3. Responsible for taking and returning food carts with prepared meals to classrooms and other locations (i.e., portable buildings) used at Zia during luncheons and dinners.
4. Help prepare, cook and serve as needed.
5. Comply with all applicable Zia Therapy Center, Inc. policies and procedures and CACFP guidelines
6. Observe all appropriate safety guidelines.
7. Display a professional and positive attitude during the workday, and have the ability to work well with others.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
NOTE: In accordance with the Child and Adult Care Food Program regulations, anyone identified, suspected or regarded as having a disease that may be transmitted through the handling of food will not be eligible for this position of Part Time Food Service Assistant. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a NM Food Handlers Certificate (required by CACFP).
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Experience in cooking and serving food.
SKILLS NEEDED: Ability to lift, load and unload groceries, food service supplies and equipment, and cleaning supplies and equipment at a weight of at least 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet or exceed the following physical requirements, with or without accommodations. These are estimates only and can change from day-to-day depending on tasks assigned.
- Walk- 4%
- Stand- 70%
- Sit- 0%
- Bend/Stoop- 20%
- Lift/Carry- 6%