To apply click on this Link:
POSITION TITLE: Child Care Substitute
REPORTS TO: Assistant Child Care Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
SUMMARY: Employed on a part-time basis (with no guarantee of hours). Responsible for providing a nurturing, enjoyable, safe, and educational environment for the children we serve.
1. Maintain and support the daily (lesson) plans of the person for whom part-time services are required.
2. Nurture and guide children, supporting positive behavior on their part, while disciplining in a positive manner that will encourage growth and responsibility.
3. Maintain good working relationships with all co-workers.
4. Lift and carry children on a daily basis.
5. Lift and carry classroom supplies and/or equipment such as riding toys or playground equipment when needed.
6. Attain required training, when available.
7. Comply with all applicable Zia Therapy Center, Inc. policies and procedures.
8. Observe all appropriate safety guidelines.
9. Display a professional and positive attitude and have the ability to work well with others.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: CDA or equivalent preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least one year experience working with children in a similar setting preferred.
SKILLS NEEDED: Ability to lift and carry a weight of no less than 50 pounds. Lift and carry children on a daily basis. Lift and carry classroom supplies and/or equipment such as riding toys or playground equipment when needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet or exceed the following physical requirements, with or without accommodations. These are estimates only and can change from day-to-day depending on tasks assigned.
- Walk- 5%
- Stand- 20%
- Sit- 15%
- Bend/Stoop- 50%
- Lift/Carry- 10%
Job Type: Part-time
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!