This position is Grant Funded.
Under general supervision of the CIT Clinical Director, will perform daily work assignments for the Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) Division of the Alamogordo Police Department, in accordance with the Employee Manual, Department Policies and Procedures, City of Alamogordo Ordinances, and any applicable State or Federal authority.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; and
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain within 60 days of employment, with a driving record acceptable to the City of Alamogordo (valid out-of-state license may be considered); or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services;
- Experience in working with clientele with substance use disorders; and
- Lived experience of recovery from a mental health condition and/or a substance use disorder.
- Internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Principles of research and analysis; and
- Working effectively with individuals in need.
- Work with the professional staff of service provider agencies;
- Work as cohesively with first responders and be aware of first responder culture;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Understand and follow instructions;
- Work effectively and efficiently in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities;
- Become familiar with police codes and language;
- Demonstrate an accepting attitude regarding multiple pathways to recovery;
- Work a flexible schedule; and
- Train on Electronic Consumer Record Software.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Performs daily work assignments for the Mobile Crisis Response Team;
- Processes CIT referrals for MCRT services;
- Data entry to include but not limited to CIT reports, weekly and monthly MCRT data;
- Compile, complete and track monthly data reports;
- Coordinates attendees for CIT trainings;
- Collaborates with the team to prepare for CIT trainings as well as provide assistance during CIT trainings;
- Maintains up-to-date data base of resources in the community;
- Effectively perform crisis intervention including de-escalation, crisis planning, and follow-up;
- May play the role of advocate;
- Addresses population of child, adolescent, adult, dual diagnosis, co-occurring and elderly, and documents interactions;
- Responsible for checking and responding to email no less than at the beginning and end of each shift;
- Provides mentoring to interns and new staff;
- Contributes to a high-quality work culture through participation in training and mentoring to develop skills, including safety related training and skills;
- Interacts professionally and provides excellent customer service to all levels of City staff and citizens, to ensure high operational and service standards; and
- Performs duties in accordance with the Employee Manual, Department Policies and Procedures, City of Alamogordo Ordinances, and any applicable State or Federal authority.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Duties may be performed outside of normal working hours;
- Maintains the confidentiality of information obtained during performance of duties;
- Provides coverage for Peer Recovery Support Specialist as assigned; and
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Frequently required to talk and hear;
- Noise level noise typically moderate;
- Driving will be necessary;
- Frequently tasks may occur outdoors in varying weather conditions;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch crawl or balance and/or reach with hands and arms;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus;
- Position requires light physical demands including the ability to lift and move materials weighing up to fifty (50) pounds with assistance. Hand trucks, platform trucks or other approved devices shall be used for any item more than fifty (50) pounds;
- Occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration;
- Considerable flexibility to structure daily activities between siting, standing, and walking;
- Frequent use of multi-line telephone, personal computer, and other office equipment; and
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.