**PLEASE APPLY WITHIN HEART OF THE DESERT, INC STORE !!
Assists with set-up and tear-down of events and provides beverage service to customers. This is an on-call position, meaning that scheduling will occur on an as needed basis. Generally, on-call staff will be notified of opportunities to work a week prior to event and will be able to accept or decline the opportunity.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Event, restaurant or bar experience helpful
- Retail experience helpful
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic and run a cash register
- Clean, polished appearance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to provide service with a smile
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to think on your feet and able to provide solutions
- Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Flexibility of schedule, primarily evenings and weekends
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of events. Moving tables and chairs, placing linens, centerpieces, etc.
- Clean-up of outdoor kitchen, sweeping, taking out garbage, and other cleaning duties as needed.
- Run wine & beer bar, by providing drinks, taking cash or credit cards for payment. Using cash register and credit card machine.
- Provide table service of wine and beer as needed, potentially carrying trays full of glasses.
- Supervising events to make sure it is a safe environment, free of spills, children not jumping on furniture, etc.
- Protect the property from damage from improper hanging of décor, open flame, etc.
- Oversee buffets as needed for internal events.
- Act as on-site contact for outside contractors, such as caterers, decorators, etc. as well as customers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.