Zia Therapy Center, Incorporated
900 First Street
Alamogordo, New Mexico 883l0
Apply at this Link Only or come in person for application
POSITION TITLE: Early Childhood Educator
REPORTS TO: Child Care Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing a nurturing, enjoyable, safe, and educational environment for the children we serve.
1. Nurture and guide children, supporting positive behavior on their part, while disciplining in a positive manner that will encourage growth and responsibility.
2. Maintain a written system of communication with parents in order to share information concerning their child.
3. Familiar with and be in compliance with all New Mexico State Regulations and Policies governing Child Care.
4. Prepare and submit developmentally appropriate lesson plans in a timely manner.
5. Prepare and submit required assessments in a timely manner
6. Attain required training, when available.
7. Maintain a positive, friendly relationship with parents, encouraging them to be involved in any way.
8. Maintain good working relationships with all co-workers.
9. Lift and carry children on a daily basis.
10. Lift and carry classroom supplies and/or equipment such as riding toys or playground equipment when needed.
11. Comply with all applicable Zia Therapy Center, Inc. policies and procedures.
12. Observe all appropriate safety guidelines.
13. Display a professional and positive attitude during the workday and have the ability to work well with others.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: CDC preferred, high school diploma or GED required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least two years experience working with children in a similar setting preferred.
SKILLS NEEDED: Ability to lift and carry a weight of no less than 50 pounds. Lift and carry children on a daily basis. Lift and carry classroom supplies and/or equipment such as riding toys or playground equipment when needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet or exceed the following physical requirements, with or without accommodations. These are estimates only and can change from day-to-day depending on tasks assigned.
- Walk- 5%
- Stand- 20%
- Sit- 15%
- Bend/Stoop- 50%
- Lift/Carry- 10%