POSITION TITLE: Outside Plant Engineer
POSTING START/END: 02/22/2023 –Until filled
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
Anyone interested in the above vacancy should submit a complete application packet to the Human Resources Manager accompanied by a letter stating your credentials, and why you consider yourself a good candidate for this position. All applications for this position must be submitted expeditiously as the company desires to fill this position as soon as possible. Only complete application packets will be accepted. On-line application instructions can be found at https://www.tularosa.net/employment-opportunities/
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Plans and prepares drawings for construction of new and removal or rearrangement of existing aerial and underground outside plant facilities. Takes the lead in the coordination and scheduling of projects ensuring all necessary permits and materials are available prior to the start of a project. Estimates equipment, labor and material costs for projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare engineering documentation and support drawings for placing and/or removing aerial, buried, and underground outside plant facilities.
- Design and engineer new customer serving areas allowing for future expansion.
- Lead role in scheduling and coordination of assigned projects such as acquiring permits and scheduling PMR’s via the NOC for all entities participating.
- Use various computer systems and databases to support technical job functions.
- Promotes use of company and departmental policies.
- Lead role in building and cabinet design and installation. (Site identification, CLLI code assignment and project coordination.)
- Assist Planner in determining OSP requirements for future growth.
- Work proficiently as an individual and as a team member to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepare training documentation for implementation of support programs and engineering techniques used by department.
- Evaluates and recommends new materials, equipment, and techniques to maximize engineering capabilities.
- Evaluates and recommends new engineering design techniques to reduce overall cost and provide better utilization of existing facilities.
- Act as company liaison with contractors to ensure the construction specifications are being met along with interfacing with contractors to approve change orders and approve invoices.
- Assists with special engineering projects as needed.
- Other assignments as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Two-years of college or technical training, plus two to seven years of Outside Plant experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to write and speak in concise, clear and polite manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend oral and written instructions.
- Proficiency with autoCAD preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The applicant must be able to stand and bend over for extended lengths of time.
COMMENTS: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in the position. Noting in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. The job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!