OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Following daily, weekly, and monthly task lists; clean, disinfect and maintain facility to a high standard of cleanliness by sweeping, mopping, disposal of garbage, dusting, kennel/cages cleaning including cat boxes, windows, doors, walls, sinks, tubs, and all other areas needing cleaning inside the facility;
- Creates files for all new animals in computer system;
- Assists in maintaining files for all animals, including shot records;
- Provide a high standard of daily care for animals including; feeding, watering, walking, and reporting of health and/or behavioral problems;
- Administers basic first aid to animals;
- Tracks inventory levels for re-ordering;
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of towels, blankets, and other items needing laundry care through washing and drying;
- Responsible for the outside appearance of the facility through cutting of grass, removing weeds, picking up trash, etc.
- Maintain the security and safety of animals through proper handling when walking, opening cages, and otherwise providing necessary care for the animals;
- Coordinates volunteer activities within the Animal Control Center;
- Assure proper maintenance of necessary records related to animal impounding and care;
- Assist with adoption events in the community;
- Works closely with community rescue groups;
- Contribute to a high quality work culture through participation in training and mentoring to develop skills, including safety related training and skills;
- Interact professionally and provide excellent customer service to all levels of City staff and citizens, to ensure high operational and service standards;
- Perform duties according to City of Alamogordo Ordinances, City wide and Departmental Policies and Procedures, and any applicable laws regulated by an outside authority.
- Work may be required outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of wok that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud;
- While performing the duties of this job the employee usually works in an indoor environment.
- May work in varied outside weather conditions;
- There is risk of physical injury and exposure to hazardous chemicals and animals;
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms;
- The employee may be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Position required to wear protective footwear, clearly marked by manufacturer, with a minimum standard of M/F I/75/C/75 per ASTM F2413-11.