OTERO COUNTY RIFLE RANGE, Alamogordo, New Mexico, is recruiting a Part Time-RIFLE RANGE ATTENDANT.
Employment Status: Part-Time
Experience Required: Must be familiar with all aspects of firearms and range safety rules.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Job Summary: To perform firearms/range safety, property and range management, general
range operations and maintenance, and public relations.
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
- Must be thoroughly familiar will aspects of firearms and range safety rules.
- During heavy use periods, must be able to safely control the firing line while live fire sessions are in effect.
- Immediately identify unsafe acts and take corrective action.
- Willing and capable of assisting civilians in the proper use of firearms.
- Clear minor malfunctions in all types of firearms. If not NRA certified, shall be willing to obtain NRA or similar certification.
- Effectively and safely manage operations on a daily basis.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleanup as required.
- Promote use of the Otero County Firearms Education Center.
- Promote range usage to the general public, clubs, local business, and law enforcement.
- Speak to groups or organizations on range programs, usage, and general firearms safety.
- Work effectively with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies in scheduling range time for qualification programs.
- Encourage and promote new programs that will increase range usage.
- Other duties as required.
Applications may be picked up, and must be returned to the Otero County Administration Office, 1101 New York Avenue, Alamogordo, NM.
An application and job description can be downloaded from our website, http://co.otero.nm.us.
Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.