OTERO COUNTY, Alamogordo, New Mexico is recruiting for Dispatch Supervisor.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience Required: Two (2) years of 911 experience related to the operation of computers, radio, and telecommunications system and providing police, fire, and EMS dispatch operations
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Certification: See Full Job Description.
Job Summary: Dispatch Supervisor is an interview-based position. Supervisor is responsible for receiving telephone calls, radio and request for information and assistance and for communicating said request to appropriate personnel. Is responsible for obtaining and maintaining the knowledge necessary to operate radios, teletypes, computers, and alarm systems. Is responsible for typing, maintaining arrest warrant files and any other duties assigned by supervisors. Must be willing to perform rotating shift work, holidays and be able to work short notice. Prepares daily work schedules for dispatchers, establishes work priorities, approves time off and trains new employees. Is required to counsel employees to correct any discrepancies in work performance. Will also make recommendations, in reference to any work performance discrepancies.
- Through understanding of Motorola Spillman System, Flex, and Mobile CAD.
- Working understanding of Motorola MCC 5500/7500 and Zetron Radio Consoles
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Principles, policies, and procedures of the New Mexico Public Safety Communications Systems and NFPA 1221 standards as they relate to a PSAP.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Supervisory techniques; radio transmission procedures and Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations governing operation of radio; NMLETS rules and regulations governing operation of teletype transmitting and receiving and other dispatch operations, policies, and procedures; and city geography.
Salary: $26.50 per hour plus benefits package.
Applications may be picked up, and must be returned to the Otero County Administration Office, 1101 New York Avenue, Alamogordo, NM. An application and job description can be downloaded from our website, http://co.otero.nm.us. Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!