OTERO COUNTY, Alamogordo, New Mexico is recruiting for Telecommunications Operator.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience Required: One (1) year of work experience.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Certification: This position requires a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
Job Summary: To answer emergency E-911 and non-emergency calls to relay information between E-callers and law enforcement, EMS, and fire department, to dispatch each as required, and perform a variety of technical task relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Procedures used in operating E-911 systems for a public organization.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Community service agencies and responsibilities.
- Correct English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Strong written and oral communications and relational skills
- Follow and relay complex oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including computer terminal, related software programs, printer calculator, fax, and copier.
Salary: DOE plus benefits package.
Applications may be picked up, and must be returned to the Otero County Administration Office, 1101 New York Avenue, Alamogordo, NM. An application and job description can be downloaded from our website, http://co.otero.nm.us. Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!