- Prepares alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during events held at the Sgt. Willie Estrada Memorial Civic Center, Griggs Sports Complex, the Alameda Park Zoo, and other venues as assigned;
- Operates cash register, accurately handle payments, and prepares daily cash reports;
- Adheres to all New Mexico Liquor Laws;
- Asks for and carefully examines a valid photo I.D. to verify that patrons are least 21 years of age when purchasing adult beverages;
- Follows the established protocol for identifying, reporting, and refusing service to intoxicated patrons;
- Completes set up and cleanup of bar area at various locations; sets up and takes down tables, pop up canopies, bar sections, etc.;
- Assists in maintaining alcohol and supply inventories;
- Communicates with supervisor to ensure supplies and beverage needs are ordered and available for events;
- May be assigned to function as a monitor at any City event where alcohol is served;
- Contributes to a high-quality work culture through participation in training and mentoring to develop skills, including safety related training and skills;
- Interacts professionally and provides excellent customer service to all levels of City staff and citizens, to ensure high operational and service standards; and
- Performs duties in accordance with the Employee Manual, Department Policies and Procedures, City of Alamogordo Ordinances, and any applicable State or Federal authority.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Must obtain and maintain all required licenses and/or certifications;
- Maintains the confidentiality of information obtained during performance of duties; and
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the liquor serving industry;
- New Mexico Liquor Laws;
- Policy and standards required by the New Mexico Department of Health and other State and Federal guidelines set forth concerning this position;
- Common adult beverages;
- Cash handling standards and procedures; and
- Inventory policies and procedures.
- Accurately make change without the assistance of a cash register;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Identify intoxicated individuals and take appropriate action;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, volunteers, vendors, suppliers, and the public;
- Work well with others and participate fully in a team-oriented environment;
- Interface with other employees and customers in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Project positive support of their department and all City organizations at all times; and
- Maintain and enhance the Community Services Department’s commitment to customer service excellence.