Do you enjoy creating name brand cuisines that are full of flavor and spices in a fun and fast-paced environment? If so, you may be a good fit for a cook with the Exchange! You will work in a fast food environment preparing food items from a limited menu. You will be responsible for ensuring food safety and quality control for your facility. In addition, you will be an integral part of the team- your interpretation of written instructions and calculations will help determine the amount of food necessary to prepare our daily menus. Our customers expect a lot from us and we strive to give them the best service. With your sense of urgency and attention to detail, you’ll ensure that each and every customer leaves full and satisfied.
We offer flexible scheduling, comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, shift differential/holiday pay, and a traditional pension and 401K plan to qualifying associates. You’ll also have access to the base and its facilities, our Mass Transit program, and status as an employee of the DoD.
So what can you expect as a Cook at the Exchange?
- Greet every customer with eye contact and smile in your authentic way
- Acknowledge every waiting customer as soon as they arrive to the register to let them know you’ll be right with them.
- Listen to customer needs; ask appropriate follow-up questions to ensure you offer appropriate products that meet the specific need of the customer
- Ensure customers have an extraordinary experience while shopping
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers in appropriate conversation
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions
- Able to take initiative
- Able to share brand knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- 6 months fast food experience