OTERO COUNTY FINANCE DEPARTMENT, Alamogordo, New Mexico is recruiting for a Contract Monitor / Grant Writer.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience Required: Two (2) years of experience in grant writing and/or contract monitoring.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Job Summary: Under administrative direction by the Finance Director the Contract Monitor/Grant Writer will apply for and administer local, state and federal grants for the County; ensure the County complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations as related to the grant process; monitor all of the County’s administrative contracts to ensure compliance, and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Finance Director.
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
- Oversee all County administrative contracts to ensure compliance.
- Conduct research for available federal, state, local, corporate and private foundation grants.
- Disseminates grant information to appropriate departments regarding availability of funds.
- Performs research, develops and composes grant proposals to obtain available government and private funding from various programs and projects.
- Coordinates and secures cooperative grant efforts from other agencies and community organizations.
- Establish and maintain a resource library on available grants and completed grant applications.
- Monitor grant fiscal records for compliance with grant contracts.
- Maintain tracking of grant status for auditing/budgeting and information for statistical reports.
- Other duties as required.
Otero County Administration Office
1101 New York Ave
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.