OTERO COUNTY ADMINISTRATION, Alamogordo, New Mexico is recruiting for a County Attorney. (This is an at-will, contract position.)
Employment Status: Full-Time
Experience Required: Five (5) years of progressively responsible legal experience, with public sector experience a plus.
Minimum Education Requirements: The degree of Juris Doctor from an accredited college or university; plus, other advanced training in business management or public administration.
Job Summary: Serves as in-house counsel, legal advisor to the Board of County Commissioners and to the County Manager. Represents the County in all matters not assigned to insurance counsel; investigates, prepares and negotiates contracts and civil cases; conducts administrative hearings and represents the County in administrative proceedings.
- State of New Mexico statues and applicable Federal rules and regulations.
- All fields of government law.
- Legal research methods, techniques, sources, databases and other research tools.
- Legal case management procedures and techniques.
- Management and personnel administration methods, techniques and policies.
- Budgets, grant requirements, and financial reporting.
- Relevant civil and criminal law.
- Magistrate and district court proceedings.
- Electronic filing and local rules for the 12th Judicial Court.
- Legal ethics.
- Principles of business letter writing.
- Thorough understanding of the County’s functions, policies, and procedures.
Salary: $84,000.00 - $94,624.14 DOE plus benefit package.
Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
How to Apply:
Complete and return application to:
Otero County Administration Office
1101 New York Ave
Alamogordo, NM 88310
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.