Employment Status: Part-Time / On-Call
Experience Required: Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in office procedures.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Job Summary: The Office Specialist will perform a wide variety of responsible secretarial work in support of assigned department; type and proofread a variety of documents and correspondence and provide information, assistance to the public regarding department policies and procedures.
- Basic principles and procedures of record keeping.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Modern office procedures and methods.
- Computer operations, as well as various other office equipment.
- Principles of mathematics.
- Strong written and oral communications and relational skills.
- Follow and relay complex oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including computer terminal, related software programs, printer, calculator, fax, and copier.
Applications may be picked up, and must be returned to the Otero County Administration Office, 1101 New York Avenue, Alamogordo, NM.
An application and job description can be downloaded from our website, http://co.otero.nm.us.
Position is OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
OTERO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.