Zia Therapy Center, Inc.
900 First Street
Alamogordo, NM 88310
POSITION TITLE: Developmental Specialist
REPORTS TO: Lead Early Interventionist
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
SUMMARY: Provide early childhood intervention services and/or service coordination to eligible families in accordance with New Mexico Department of Health Policies, 7 NMAC 30.8 – Standards and Requirements for Family Infant Toddler (FIT) Early Intervention Services.
1. Adhere to a code of ethics for early childhood intervention professionals.
2. Participate in child find as required.
3. Provide service coordination activities, as required.
4. Participate as a member of transdisciplinary and interagency teams.
5. Inform families of their rights within the Family Infant Toddler Program (FIT).
6. Advocate for and implement quality programs for children/families.
7. Provide names of others in our community who offer services from which families might benefit.
8. Assist families as they transition from our program.
9. Coordinate and assist in the development and review of the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
10. Participate in meetings, as required.
11. Maintain confidentiality of clients.
12. Maintain comprehensive case/client records for every client receiving services as required by the local, state, or federal contract.
13. Complete necessary forms and documentation as required, and in a timely manner.
14. Submit paperwork for billable services in a timely manner.
15. Project a positive Zia image in attitude, action, and dress.
16. Comply with all applicable Zia Therapy Center, Inc. policies and procedures.
17. Observe all appropriate safety guidelines.
18. Display a professional and positive attitude during the workday and have the ability to work well with others.
19. Other related duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: None
EDUCATION REQUIRED: B.S. Degree in Early Childhood Education/Special Education, Social Work, Psychology, or closely related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Experience working with developmentally delayed children.
Training Required: All trainings must be completed within 1-6 months of hire date. They are as follows:
FIT Part C Orientation- within 1st month
Foundations of Relationship Based Early Intervention- within 1st month
Child Development: Discovery, Unfoldment, and Variations
IFSP: Overview of the Individualized Family Service Plan
ISA: The Infant-Toddler Developmental Assessment
The Developmental Evaluation: Evaluation as Intervention
EI Practice Training
Service Coordination Training- within 6 months
Home Visit Observations: 3 visits
IDA/Evaluation Training: 3 AEPS Observations
Shadow ISA Lead: 3 Observations, with 3 Evaluations
Hearing Screening Training
Coaching Sessions: 3 Home visits
Any other trainings that may arise in order for Zia Therapy Center to stay compliant with State and Federal laws.
SKILLS NEEDED: Ability to lift 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet or exceed the following physical requirements, with or without accommodations. These are estimates only and can change from day-to-day depending on tasks assigned.
- Walk- 20%
- Stand- 10%
- Sit- 50%
- Bend/Stoop- 10%
- Lift/Carry- 10%
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees working with Zia clients are required to comply with Zia’s automobile insurance carrier’s requirements.
Employee Acknowledgment Date
Date Adopted: 7/1/95
Date Reviewed: 4/5/21