Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center is hiring several RN positions for many of our departments that reside both within the hospital (FT 36 hours-12hr shifts) and in our patient care clinics (FT 40 hours-8 hour shifts)
Provide patient care and assistance to physician. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
•Assist Doctor with patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge in a medical office.
• Anticipate doctor’s needs for each patient based upon patient complaints and treatment plan/guidelines.
• Verify that patient results, x-rays, labs and procedure reports are in patient charts prior to seeing doctor.
• Gather patient’s vitals and complaints, document in patient medical record.
• Chart accurately and legibly to include lab results.
• Facilitate physician and patient communications.
• Complete lab requisition forms and assure that specimens are sent to correct labs per patient insurance contract.
• Maintain and monitor exam room and procedure room supplies and instruments.
• Clean and sterilize instruments in accordance to OSHA Regulations. Clean autoclave as required.
• Perform minor procedures as direct by Physician: injections, suture, and staple removal.
• Complete clinical portions of chart preparation.
• Schedule surgery and give patient appropriate instructions prior to surgery and refer to Front Office Coordinator or Office Manager for insurance authorization.
Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
Education: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred.
Licensure: Current New Mexico State Registered Nurse Licensure or active multi-state/compact licensure.
Performs related responsibilities as assigned