POSITION TITLE: Help Desk Technician
POSTING START DATE: 01-5-2023 - until filled
DEPARTMENT: Managed Services Program Manager
POSITION STATUS: Full - time; Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
Anyone interested in the above vacancy should submit a complete application packet to the
Human Resources Department accompanied by a letter stating your credentials, and why you
consider yourself a good candidate for this position. Only complete application packets will
be accepted. On-line application instructions can be found at http://www.tbtc.net/employmentopportunities.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical assistance via the telephone
and in person. Support computer systems, hardware, and software in both a local and remote
environment to business customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Serve as first point of contact for customer, both internal and external, seeking technical assistance
over the telephone, email or via a Help Desk Ticketing system.
• Perform remote troubleshooting and determine the best solution based on the issue and details
provided by the customer.
• Provide accurate information on business related products or services.
• Document customer related issues in proper ticket database.
• Walk customers through the problem-solving process.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue(s) have been resolved.
• Perform daily status checks and isolate computer related issues.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and so;ware.
• Manage the internal help desk application and resolve help desk requests in a timely manner.
Effectively communicate the status of each help desk request tot he appropriate end user.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two years (+) experience working in a systems or network related field; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Employee must understand pc and networking troubleshooting.
• Possess excellent communications skills and have ability to de-escalate customer-oriented situations.
• Ability to think critically and have problem-solving capability to diagnose basic technical issues.
• Possession of a valid New Mexico driver’s license is required.
• Completion of Network+ and A+ certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to speak effectively, persuasively and clearly with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
• Skill in identifying and resolving customer and co-worker technical problems.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Sitting for long periods of time is
expected of this position. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
to perform the essential functions of the position as needed.
COMMENTS: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position. Nothing in this job
description restricts managements’ right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description
in not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.