POSITION TITLE: Installer and Repairer Technician
POSTING START/END: 02/22/2023 –Until filled
POSITION STATUS: Non-Exempt
Anyone interested in the above vacancy should submit a complete application packet to the Human Resources Manager accompanied by a letter stating your credentials, and why you consider yourself a good candidate for this position. All applications for this position must be submitted expeditiously as the company desires to fill this position as soon as possible. Only complete application packets will be accepted. On-line application instructions can be found at https://www.tularosa.net/employment-opportunities/
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY: Installs, maintains, and services customer premise equipment. Typically installs drop wires, station protectors, and network interface devices and performs initial wiring or rewiring for new subscriber systems. May work in business office setting repairing CPE dropped off by customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Installs new services and equipment for subscribers by installing aerial and buried drop wires, station wires, network interface devices, fiber facilities, fiber remotes, and Fiber-to-the-Home/Premises (FTTH/P) equipment such as the ONT (Optical Network Terminal), power supplies, battery back up equipment, modems, routers and wireless devises.
- Works closely with the Dispatch/Operations Specialist to provide any change information reported and turned in from the field.
- Uses appropriate tools and proper hardware to meet all applicable codes and safety requirements.
- Maintains and repairs existing services and equipment by using test sets to locate and isolate line trouble, fiber trouble, and switching trouble.
- Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks along with fiber facilities, fiber equipment and pedestals as needed.
- Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate one trouble. Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
- May confer with customers to further troubleshoot and determine problems as well as acceptable resolutions.
- May install and maintain other unregulated equipment.
- May install and maintain equipment for diversified telco services including fiber, wireless services, broadband, etc.
- Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by the Plant Maintenance Supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Two years of Communications and/or installation and maintenance of telecommunication experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate with customers and complete assigned duties in a timely, efficient and friendly manner. Promote services to customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, maps, staking sheets and regulations.
- Familiarity of services includes technological knowledge.
- Knowledge of voice and data communications technology.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Skill in operating service equipment including fire splicing equipment, aerial bucket trucks and pole climbing as needed.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skill in high pressure situations.
- Possess a strong commitment to quality customer service.
- Ability to write and speak in a concise, clear and polite manner.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions including frequent exposure to elements and hearing and vision acuity needed to perform essential functions.
COMMENTS: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in the position. Noting in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. The job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!