Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Experience Required: Two (2) years’ experience in providing maintenance and technical support for an organization’s IT Systems.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School Diploma (with Experience) or Associate (Preferred)
Department: Information Technology
Direct Supervisor: IT Director
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct (0); Indirect (0)
Primary Work Location: Works inside in an office setting.
Certification: Preferred (CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+)
Driver License: Valid Driver License
Job Summary: Provides the necessary security procedures to prevent “unauthorized users” from accessing county systems; performs data entry into various programs within the network system; performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. Ensures that computer hardware and software, as well as networks and servers, work consistently and correctly. Install programs, configure networks and databases, and provide assistance to end users. Maintains and improves the client and server systems of Otero County to ensure all employees have the technology they need to complete their work and the organization’s important files and information remain safe and intact.
Essential Job Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance on the various independent and networked computers within the department.
- Provide for and maintain adequate security precautions within the computer systems to prevent both internal and external damage to systems.
- Install and update current and newly adopted software programs within the department.
- Be familiar with the County’s mainframe computer systems for compatibility with programs within a county department.
- Be familiar with the State of New Mexico networked computer systems that are utilized within the county to insure both compliance with security and compatibility with existing and new programs.
- To perform various data entry functions into the various programs utilized by the county.
- Maintain a record of activities of usage of the computer systems as well as maintaining a record of maintenance of all systems.
- Perform a variety of record keeping and general clerical functions.
- Educate end-users about network security and best practices for computer usage.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to coordinate at multiple levels and provide great customer service.
- Travel to client sites
- Installing, maintaining and repairing network cables in new or existing building
- Installing network switches and routers
- Performs termination and testing of new cabling
- Install, update or configure required software on client systems.
- Install or upgrade existing hardware and software
- Oversees and ensures the County systems secure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data
- Be available to work extended hours and be available after duty hours
- Ensures that workstations can successfully connect to networks and access business-critical data at all times.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) for Position
An employee in this class must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities upon application:
- Policies and procedures of both State and County computer requirements
- Community service agencies and responsibilities.
- Replace hardware within existing computers; memory cards, video cards, sound cards, etc.
- Replacement and transfer of hard drives, cabling, and power supplies.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Correct English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Thorough understanding of the County’s functions, policies, and procedures.
- Configuration, deployment, and administration of Windows Systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook.
- O365 Administration
- Strong written and oral communications and relational skills.
- Public relations and customer service.
- Follow and relay complex oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, including computer terminal, related software programs, printer, calculator, fax, and copier.
- Pertinent rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows for effective interaction and communication with others.
- Ability to diagnose problems and determine the best solution to correct it.
- Analytical thinking in order to develop a practical solution.
- Must be able to ask the right questions to guide the conversation, helping the customer or employee to explain an issue more thoroughly.
The following physical abilities are required:
- The work is light work which requires exerting up 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force to move objects.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee is expected to follow all safety procedures as required.
**This position description is a general guideline for work behavior and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Therefore, it is also not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment. The contents of this position description may be changed without notice, and employment may be terminated by either party, at will. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
How to Apply:
Application - Complete the application and return to:
Otero County Administration Office
1101 New York Ave
Alamogordo, NM 88310.