To apply click on this Link:
REPORTS TO: Transportation Operations Supervisor and Transportation Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
SUMMARY: Drive van/bus in a safe and professional manner. Pick up and deliver clients, and passengers in keeping with established schedules and routes.
l. Abide by all posted and un-posted traffic laws, rules, and regulations.
2. Load and unload the van/bus in a safe manner.
3. Maintain daily driver logs of all persons transported and indicate times and destinations for any program requiring this information.
4. Report any accident/incident that occurs on the van/bus. An accident/incident report will be submitted.
5. Visually inspect every seat prior to leaving the van/bus at the end of the run to make sure that no person, or item has been forgotten.
6. Responsible for proper daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
7. Report any accident, no matter how small, to the Dispatcher, Zia, Director and appropriate police.
8. Dress appropriately to handle any van/bus situation.
9. Comply with all applicable Zia Therapy Center, Inc. policies and procedures.
10. Observe all appropriate safety guidelines.
11. Display a professional and positive attitude during the workday and have the ability to work well with others.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: None
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent.
Drivers are required to complete the following trainings:
- Defensive Driving
- 1st Aid/ CPR
- Crisis Management
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Two years CDL driving experience. Passenger van/bus preferred.
1. Must have a New Mexico CDL class “C” or greater with a passenger endorsement or the ability to obtain a passenger endorsement.
2. Ability to solve problems and identify alternatives.
3. Ability to work in a fast paced/multi-task environment.
4. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to meet or exceed the following physical requirements, with or without accommodations. These are estimates only and can change from day-to-day depending on tasks assigned.
- Walk- 10%
- Stand- 10%
- Sit- 70%
- Bend/Stoop- 5%
- Lift/Carry- 5%
1. Current New Mexico CDL “Class C” or greater with a passenger endorsement.
2. Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing.
3. All employees working with Zia clients are required to comply with Zia’s automobile insurance carrier’s requirements.
4. Must have a current CDL DOT physical.
EOE Statement: Zia Therapy Center is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additional details in Zia’s Policy Manual.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!