- Mows golf course greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and peripheral areas;
- Performs all landscaping functions including mowing, fertilizing, and weed-eating;
- Operates front-end loaders, backhoes, trucks, top dressers, chainsaw, and raking bunkers;
- Maintains shop areas and rest rooms in a clean, sanitary, and orderly fashion;
- Monitors and adjusts lake levels as necessary;
- Picks up and properly disposes of trash and refuse on golf course;
- Sets cups on greens;
- Performs regular inspections of golf course machinery and equipment;
- Performs minor preventive maintenance on golf course machinery and equipment including regularly changing oil, lubricating chassis and zirconium fittings, and adjusting or calibrating engines, as necessary;
- Performs minor repairs on golf course equipment including lawn mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, and golf carts, with assistance, as needed;
- Cleans and maintains tools, diagnostic equipment, and work area;
- Contributes to a high quality work culture through participation in training and mentoring to develop skills, including safety related training and skills;
- Interacts professionally and provides excellent customer service to all levels of City staff and citizens, to ensure high operational and service standards; and
- Performs duties in accordance with the Employee Manual, Department Policies and Procedures, City of Alamogordo Ordinances, and any applicable State or Federal authority.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Maintains the confidentiality of information obtained during performance of duties; and
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Lawn care techniques;
- Safe operation of basic landscaping equipment and hand tools; and
- Maintenance and repair techniques of basic landscaping equipment and hand tools.
- Understand and follow instructions;
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral communication;
- Tolerate outside working conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions;
- Diagnose minor equipment problems and make appropriate repairs;
- Operate, chainsaw, and other hand held power tools;
- Operate diagnostic equipment;
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance;
- Work well with others and participate fully in a team oriented environment;
- Interface with other employees and customers in a courteous and respectful manner; and
- Project positive support of the department and all City organizations at all times.
- Work will be performed in varied outside weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, and snow, with exposure to odors, dust, and pollen.
- Risk of physical injury and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Sustained standing, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting and squatting.
- Must be able to hear and distinguish various sounds, such as sounds of operating equipment in both quiet and noisy environments; the ability to see well enough to read documents and instructions; and hand and finger dexterity sufficient to use small tools.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate for job assignments including protective footwear, clearly marked by manufacturer, with a minimum standard of M/F I/75/C/75 per ASTM F2413-11.