Children in Need of Services, Inc. is seeking to hire a maintenance man for their four locations: Children’s House, Full House, Full House Too, and main office.
CHINS is a non-profit company that has provided support services to children in need and their families in Otero and Lincoln County New Mexico for over 34 years. We have demonstrated effectiveness in bringing needed programs to our community as well as successfully operating and sustaining these programs. We have provided critical services such as Children’s counseling, nutrition, childcare, social and educational services. You will enjoy working with our innovative, positive team, which seeks best practice in serving children and families! Our mission statement reads: “Create relationships with families and the community to support the healthy emotional, physical, and educational development of children”.
· Minimum of a High School Diploma
· Must be able to obtain a background clearance
· Must have current driver’s license
· Must have some knowledge of building maintenance, basic plumbing, repair, and lawn care
Major Responsibilities/Duties: To be performed under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Maintain child development center facilities and the grounds
· Report all unsafe conditions (building, grounds, and equipment) to supervisor
· Inspect and identify equipment or machines that need repair
· Troubleshoot issues to determine necessary repairs
· Order supplies and materials as needed for repairs and maintenance
· Clean and assist in the upkeep of the facilities
· Prolonged periods of standing and walking
· Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
Benefits: CHINS offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, Retirement, and a competitive leave package.