Assist in maintaining golf course greens, tees, fairways, and associated facilities in clean and good working condition.
- Sufficient education to perform essential duties and understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Experience with lawn care;
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the City of Alamogordo (valid out-of-state license may be considered);
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Golf course maintenance experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mows golf course greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and peripheral areas;
- Performs all landscaping functions including mowing, fertilizing, and weed-eating;
- Operates front-end loaders, backhoes, trucks, top dressers, chainsaw, and raking bunkers;
- Maintains shop areas and rest rooms in a clean, sanitary, and orderly fashion;
- Monitors and adjusts lake levels as necessary;
- Picks up and properly disposes of trash and refuse on golf course;
- Sets cups on greens;
- Performs regular inspections of golf course machinery and equipment;
- Performs minor preventive maintenance on golf course machinery and equipment including regularly changing oil, lubricating chassis and zirconium fittings, and adjusting or calibrating engines, as necessary;
- Performs minor repairs on golf course equipment including lawn mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, and golf carts, with assistance, as needed;
- Cleans and maintains tools, diagnostic equipment, and work area;
- Contributes to a high-quality work culture through participation in training and mentoring to develop skills, including safety related training and skills;
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures high operational and service standards for the citizens of Alamogordo; and
- Performs duties according to City of Alamogordo Ordinances; City-wide and Departmental Policies and Procedures, and any applicable laws regulated by an outside authority.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Lawn care techniques;
- Safe operation of basic landscaping equipment and hand tools;
- Maintenance and repair techniques of basic landscaping equipment and hand tools.
- Understand and follow instructions;
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral communication;
- Tolerate outside working conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions;
- Diagnose minor equipment problems and make appropriate repairs;
- Operate, chainsaw, and other hand-held power tools;
- Operate diagnostic equipment;
- Demonstrate regular and reliable attendance;
- Work well with others and participate fully in a team-oriented environment;
- Interface with other employees and customers in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Project positive support of the department and all City organizations at all times; and
- Maintain and enhance the Golf Course’s commitment to customer service excellence.
- Work will be performed in varied outside weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, and snow, with exposure to odors, dust, and pollen;
- Risk of physical injury and exposure to hazardous chemicals;
- Must be capable of heavy lifting, sustained standing, walking, bending, kneeling, twisting and squatting;
- Must be able to hear and distinguish various sounds, such as sounds of operating equipment in both quiet and noisy environments; the ability to see well enough to read documents and instructions; and hand and finger dexterity sufficient to use small tools;
- And required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate for job assignments including protective footwear, clearly marked by manufacturer, with a minimum standard of M/F I/75/C/75 per ASTM F2413-11.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1376 E 9th St
Alamogordo, NM 88310