Title: Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Job Location: Tularosa, New Mexico. Must reside inside Tularosa Communications Service territory.
Directs all aspects of plant operations, to include overseeing all construction, replacement, and maintenance of all aerial and buried plant, while managing engineering, warehouse, dispatch, and construction personnel. Maintains mapping and plant record databases. Ensures that all telco personnel understand and follow RUS specifications and follow safety procedures. Works closely with I&R, Network Operations, Accounting, Customer Service and Marketing and Sales Departments.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPEIRENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience plus five (5) to seven (7) years of telephone engineering experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, construction and engineering practices and principles.
- Knowledge of management practices and principles.
- Knowledge of industry regulations affecting engineering projects.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and forms including work orders, staking sheets, schematics and specification manuals.
- Ability to develop relationships with key personnel at NMDOT, County and City departments.
- Ability to read and interpret highway and road plans.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to obtain and possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Experience with VertiGIS, formerly MAPCOM GIS mapping system.
- Experience with MACC accounting software.
- Experience with Crowdfiber software.
- Experience with CALIX and Clearfield.
- Experience with the FCC’s BDC and 477 reporting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The applicant must be able to hear and have visual acuity including close vision and be able to read computer screen and various reports. Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, bend and be able to move about the work site. Working conditions might be slightly dirty or involve occasional exposure to some outdoor elements.
COMMENTS: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. The job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.
Please visit https://www.tularosa.net/employment-opportunities/ to submit an application, cover letter and resume. Any questions please contact Naomi LaFave @ Nlafave@tbtc.net or call 575-585-2015.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!